- Purpose of role
The purpose of the role is twofold:
(1) originating and executing investment/development
opportunities with a primary focus on the office, urban retail, and residential sectors in Tokyo,
(2) managing investor reporting/relations and assisting with capital raising efforts.
● Manage every step of the acquisition and divestment process, including sourcing, underwriting, negotiating, deal structuring, due diligence and documentation.
● Prepare well thought-out investment papers and other necessary materials for the Investment Committee and Our Asia Pacific Board’s review and approval.
● Leverage own professional network to source off-market info and broaden the presence of the company in the Japanese market
● Conduct feasibility studies for potential development deals, including preliminary planning and analysis, regulatory constraints, risk assessment, projected returns, market research (including research of leasing market), etc.
● Work with the Project Development team to determine optimal development/renovation strategy, provide inputs on facade and interior design, optimal floor layout, building usage, tenant mix, etc.
● Work with the Asset Management team and the Finance team to prepare regular investor reports and respond to ad-hoc investor inquires, including the compilation of key performance indicators and risk management for each asset.
● Work with the Head of Investment, Japan to establish (maintain) relationships with new (existing) co-investors, organize regular and ad-hoc investor meetings or calls, prepare pitchbooks or other presentation materials for capital raising and marketing purposes.
・University graduate, ideally in economics, statistics, real estate, finance, or related disciplines
・Fluent in English and Japanese (both written and spoken)
・More than 5 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in investment management,
deal sourcing and execution
・Prior work experience at a foreign private equity real estate investment firm preferred
・Development experience preferred
・Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, able to perform detailed calculations through financial
modelling to assess investment opportunities quickly
・Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
・Strong presentation skills. Be able to communicate ideas and own thoughts comprehensively and
effectively in both verbal and written Japanese. Fluency in English is also expected.
・Strong time management and prioritization skills
・Be on top of the latest market trends through market research or peer discussions)
・A team player that values trust, integrity and respect
・Motivated to succeed in a challenging and fast-paced environment, having a “can do” attitude.
・Seek opportunities for improvement, capable of dealing with changes, face up to challenges
・Be able to speak up, share info and apply insights to the advantage of the company
- 1200～1600 万円
- 通勤手当 退職金制度、オフィスビル内スパ＆フィットネス施設利用、ウェルネス費用補助（例：眼鏡購入、健診・予防接種、フィットネス関連などの費用）